Thursday 15 January 2015

Im back!!

Im finally back after a long horrendous hospital ride.


So i was taken into hospital on the 13th December because i was in the worst pain i had ever imagined and that is saying something because i have had my fair share of pain. The pain was shooting up the front of my thigh i thought i had this pain because of maybe a pin site infection as two of my pins looked a little yukkee. This was rather annoying as i had only been back in hospital for 12days on the 9th for another pin site infection. The pain then was bad but know where near as bad as this previous time the last time they also told me i had a bend in my bone, but they would sort that out in January as they thought it would be okay but how wrong they where haha.

I arrived at hospital on Saturday the 13th and they took my blood to check the antibiotic rate which last time was 172 when it should be around 10 this time it wasnt as bad at like 40 something. So even though the infection wasn't as bad the pain was still severe. The doctors came and they decided the bend in my bone was causing to much tension on my muscle and skin. Mr Fernandez was going to India soon for Christmas so they has to squeeze me in on the following Thursday! Until Thursday i was drugged up to the max and was on IV antibiotics. I was really nervous for the operation i had on Thursday and i think it was because it as kind if sprung on me so i didn't have time to plan and get calm about it! If you know me then you know i hate change so the fact they where going to change my bone shape and add a few pins and mix things about was completely terrifying! I came back from surgery pretty dopey but i did manage to choose a frozen bravery certificate ;) As soon as i was back to my normal self after surgery i could tell the pain was much better already even though i did have a nerve block it still felt so much better :)

The days in hospital where painfully slow and boring but more than anything i was just homesick and i missed my boyfriend Nathan and my dad, it was horrible not having my home comforts. But one thing i did enjoy about hospital... yes enjoy was meeting new people who where going through the same as me. It cheers you up so much realizing you are not the only one dealing with hospital, pain and struggles, i met some truly amazing brave young boys and girls and parents they defiantly gave me the positive attitude in hospital! I got my hopes up on the Monday that i was going home until i realized my pins where not looking there best (I HAD ANOTHER INFECTION) and so even after arguing with my doctor and acting like a stroppy teenager i had to stay for another 48hours on IV antibiotics which would take me to Christmas Eve i was absolutely gutted and cried for hours and hours i just couldn't believe i was maybe going to miss Christmas with my family and friends it just didn't feel fair. It didn't feel fair for all the kids still stuck in hospital i just felt heartbroken for them especially when i met a little girl who had cancer she was coming to visit the girl opposite me. She was only young and despite not feeling very well after her treatment she was still dressed to impress! I heard her dad saying that she comes to hospital nearly everyday for treatment and it really made me think how lucky i was that i do get to go home eventually and not come back for a couple of weeks! She was defiantly one tough cookie!!

It had been 48hours and on Christmas Eve morning i got up had a shower and did my pins the best i have ever done them and anxiously waited for my doctor (Laura) to decide if i could go home! I felt sick to my stomach watching her examine my pins i think i had every part of my body crossed and then all of a sudden she said "bye bye" i couldn't believe it she was going to let me home. Me and my mum got all my things packed rang my boyfriend and my dad to come and get us and we are of home just in time for Christmas i couldn't believe it i felt so lucky.

I had a really good Christmas and new year but honestly my favorite part was not the presents it was just being home with my family who i all love so much it made me feel happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment