Tuesday 2 December 2014

what to do in hospital when bored?

So i have had my fair share of time in hospital and it can be super boring especially if you are staying over night for a while. Also if you are on your own not everybody's parents are able to stay so it can be a bit lonely at times but im lucky enough that mum never leaves my side! soo anyways here are my tips;

1. Headphones and my phone are a life saver in hospital. they mean i can keep in contact with my boyfriend, friends and family i can also listen to music and go on social media sites my fave is instagram to cheer me up!


























2. Now you may think im a saddo but there is nothing that makes you feel better than a hot waterbottle! I just love being so cosy in hospital and it always makes me feel better :)




3. No matter how old you are, everyone needs a teddy to cuddle and take there mind of pain,discomfort or boredom!

4.In hospital one thing  loved to do was have a bit of  pamper session and do my nails. It just made me feel more myself and like i was actually getting ready. it also was rather relaxing and took my mind of things :)  

5. The next thing that stops boredom is defiantly an ipad or an ipod!! Before you go to hospital it is a really good idea to download some of your favorite apps to cheer you up and distract you. Also if you are lucky enough to have easy wifi at your hospital you can catch up on all your favorite t.v shows :)

6, My next must have is my favourite facial products! i loved putting these on when i had a shower and i came back to a nice clean bed. My benefit moisturizer just made me feel so awake and happy. Bringing facial stuff is also good as you can spend a good half an hour giving yourself a professional facial or somebody else, like for example my mum. Also all this products where mini size so perfect for travelling.

7. sooo this is like the best friggen book ever! And Katie Piper is the most inspiring woman ever, i am such a lover of her i think she is just so brave, amazing and has helped me so much through some really hard times. This bookwas perfect when i was feeling a bit low in hospital as in the book she taught you how to over come struggles and just helped me so much.



8. Okay, i may be 18 but there is nothing wrong with a bit of pretty coloring. I got this book in Waterstones and the designs in it are so detailed and cute, they are quite grown up florals and so you could rip them out and decorate your bed at hospital or frame them :) 



9. I think pretty much everybody already does this in hospital but bring loads of magazines!! And dont forget to share with your neighbors too! 


10. This next tip for stopping boredom is something that the hospital provided, it was a craft women who came round and asked if you wanted to different crafts each week. The women was so nice and she suggested making a 3D hanger, you could do any design but i decided to be christmassy and do a Christmas tree. It was really fun and totally took my mind of any pain. I know that when you arnt feeling to good in hospital you may not want to take part in these types of activities but you should really try and push yourself as i find it helps a lot. And i got a free decoration out of it ;) 


11. Last but not least here is my final helpful tip. I love crafts so i found these cute Christmas DIY packs from Hobbie Craft really good to do when extremely bored, I started to do these types of activities when i was more awake and feeling better as it took more concentration. I got two sets one was a Christmas Card making kit and the next one was a sewing kit of two teddy bears.




I hope this post has been really helpful for you guys.
Mwaaaah :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment