Thursday 20 November 2014

Home Sweet Home

It feels so amazing to be home and not stuck in that hospital bed anymore. If you read my recent blogs you know i was getting taken to Sheffield Children's Hospital as i had so much pain! It turns out i had a really bad pin site infection in the pins at the top of my leg, the normal infection rate when they take your bloods it anything under 10 and mine was 172 which was very scary and painful. In total me and my mum spent 12 days down at Sheffield which is the longest i have ever stayed in hospital even when im having surgery, it was pretty boring and the food was pretty yaaakk. I cant even describe the pain i was going through it was pretty traumatic and there was nothing the hospital could really do apart from keeping me update with painkillers. My knee also seized up which caused extra pain so i had to work hard at the physio there to even get a little movement. iIts scary when you have horrible pain but you have to remember you are in the best place and you will not be left to suffer.

I try and avoid injections at all times but for some reason this hospital stay i was just not avoiding them, i had to have two of them iv things in your wrist (cant spell what its really called) blood taken every three days and injections in my stomach twice a day to stop clots! there was just not hiding from them but because im still a wimp i always ask for the freeze spray to help numb the area before they do it ooppssie ;)

I am very lucky they caught the infection in time, encase it went to my bone which can cause serious issues. The nurses where so lovely and most of the time they would come and talk to me about the headlines of magazines, Kim Kardishans bum and the new t.v program's. It help so much because it starts to take your mind of the fact you are in pain and in hospital. It started to get hard being in hospital so far away from home and my family but lucky they came down to visit during the middle of the week, i also became friends with the most prettiest girl in the bed next to me we would always argue about who was going to use the best bedpan first!. I was glad to make friends as it kept spirits up and calmed my nerves.

Im trying not to worry about anything else going wrong and just telling myself this are all normal problems you face with having a frame on :)
 my lovely mum and dad
me looking super pale but smiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment