Sunday 26 October 2014

Pffd- my pin cleaning routine

IF YOUR DOCTOR HAS TOLD YOU DIFFERENT FOLLOW THERE INSTRUCTIONS THIS IS JUST HOW I HAVE BEEN TOLD AND HOW I DO IT!!! :)

So first of all cleaning your pins suck a lot and I hate doing them but from personal experience it pays of to as it stops pin site infections and keep the wounds nice and tight! I did not listen to my doctors last time and I literally would have to be forced to clean them but im promised myself I would try harder this time and JUST DO IT!
I clean them once a day either in the morning or night after I have a shower. Getting them wet in the shower really helps as it softens and scabs and is less likely to sting. After that I then use a hairdryer to dry my frame on a cool setting so it doesn't get to hot! By this time my mum has set up my cleanw tray whcih includes;
¤ cotton buds
¤ bandages 10x10 cm squares
¤ scissors
¤ paper tape
¤ sterile water
¤ antibacterial hand jel
Everything must be clean its a must!!
Here are a couple of photos step by step how I dress some of mt pins :) I know its crap but just be strong and remember your final goal ♥

image

Sorry I missed out a step but after hand jelling my hands I take one cotton bud and dip it in sterile water I then wipe it round away from half of my pin and then dry with another bud I repeat his step until everything is clean on all my pins :)

image

After this i use the square bandages and may them into long thin bandages and then wrap them around the pin above the the squares to keep them secure and tight.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment