Tuesday 27 January 2015

I promise you do have good days!

So last friday me and mum had a nice girly day out to bond with each other. We decided to go into the lake district and do a bit of shopping and then we went for afternoon tea! 



Whilst driving to the Lake District the scenery was breathtaking, it had snowed so all the mountains where covered in snow and the air was crisp. We honestly could not stop pulling over and taking pictures we looked like write tourists. On some of the mountains there where people still hiking and to be honest i was pretty jealous i bet the views from the top would have been stunning. The part of the Lake District me and my mum decided to go to was Keswick it is my favorite out of the whole of the Lake District as it isn't to big and has the best shabby chic craft and home shops to look in, ohhhhh and also the most amazing sweet and chocolate shop ever. I'm not going to lie the Lake District is not wheelchair friendly so my poor mum was like literally shoving me through the tiniest shop doorways I'm surprised we never broke anything or ran over anybody's foot. Luckily everyone in Keswick was really friendly and helped us. If you ever go to Keswick you should defiantly go to the Orchid House which is such a cute shop for kitchen home-ware it has the prettiest plates and bowls that are almost to stunning to put your food on! Then there is Enchanted Gifts it sells the most prettiest and delicate home accessorizes from hanging hearts, candles, pillows, throws and twinkly lights my fave! The women who owns the shop is so nice she also brought in her boxer dog who was so happy following me round in the wheelchair which completely sold it for me ;) Then its the Peter Rabbit and Friends shop which is kind of a baby shop and seen as i do not have children i am defiantly to old to go in there just for me. But heeey hoe i like to look and pretend what cute peter rabbit stuff i would get my children. Peter Rabbit is a classic and everyone should know it"


















After shopping it was time for Afternoon Tea which my mum treated me to at Armathwaite Hall. As soon as we pulled up i felt like i was in someones grand stately home! We where shown into one of there formal dining rooms and we had our own little sofa area which looked over the lake and the mountains it was beautiful. The afternoon Tea included a drink of tea or coffee, scones with jam,butter and cream. Then a selection of finger sandwiches which were way to posh for me i hardly knew what was inside them. And last but not least a lot of cakes, biscuits and tray bakes it was amazing! And if that wasn't already enough a cheese cake shot almost and shot of the sweatiest wine which we both passed on! 







It was so lovely to be able to have a good day out with my frame on and not be in pain. Im so thankful for my mum doing this treat for me it defiantly helps the bad days with the frame on seem less dark. The frame is a pain and can make you feel trapped but it is important that you beat it and go out and do what you want. Sometimes you do have to rest for a day before or afterwards when you have gone out but after that rest you just have to jump back on it and do something that makes you happy :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment